1.03.2014

Gender reveal and update



This actually was a few weeks back when I got my first ultrasound and found out our little baby is going to be (Lord willing) a BOY! We are thrilled!


Here he is looking straight at the camera! You can see both his eyes and his nose.


Here is a recent photo:


Lately people in public seem to conclude that I am obviously pregnant enough to safely comment on my stomach. I've had comments in Walmart, gas stations, and even a belly rub in Cracker Barrel (which wasn't nearly as strange as I thought it might be). So far I have gathered that my bump is always cute but almost always tiny as well... ha, not sure what to think about the last one except for to just laugh. I guess people expect a little more when you say 6 months pregnant! My waist is long so I don't have the classic basketball shape belly. This also gives him a little more wriggle room (which he definitely takes advantage of!!). He's so incredibly active I sometimes wonder when he sleeps!

My next appointment is Monday where I will also have my glucose test for gest. diabetes. My weight gain has slowed down in the past month which I am glad about. I was beginning to worry that I might gain up towards 50 lbs but it is looking like it will be more around 30-35 which is average and more manageable.

This Week: 25

Weight gain: 22 lbs

Feeling: Great! Although at around 8:00pm my body starts craving the bed. I have also been having a lower back ache by the end of the day along with tingling sore legs. 

Belly button in or out: It's still in but definitely flatter and more shallow.

Stretch marks: No

Missing anything:  Sushi,  and being able to eat lots of bread and not have to worry about growing a 9 pounder

Movement: Tons!! He won't stop! Flips are the most fun and at the same time they are the strangest feeling.

Looking forward to: getting the stroller and carseat hopefully sometime early this month

Thankful for this week:  So thankful that the fever I got from the having the flu a couple days ago didn't get higher than 100 F 

Cravings: Lots of vegetables, tomatoes, cucumbers, salsa...always salsa, and Indian food

Maternity clothes: I've been able to buy a few maternity shirts, a wonderful pair of maternity jeans from the thrift store, and then a bunch of tunics a size or two up from my normal size. Skirts have been no problem since most of the ones I have already are jersey material or have a stretchy waist.




No comments: