7.18.2012

Basil and Garlic Cheese Pizza








Basil & Garlic Cheese Pizza


1lb pizza dough or one recipe of this
2 1/2 cups  grated mozzarella cheese
1/8 cup parmesan
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried basil (I would've used fresh if I wasn't such an expert at killing my basil plants...)
Approx. 1/8 cup olive oil


  1. Preheat oven to 450F.
  2. Form dough into a round about 10-12" in diameter on a pizza peel sprinkled with cornmeal. Be careful to not press out all of the air bubbles by stretching the dough into shape rather than rolling it flat with a rolling pin. 
  3. Sprinkle cheeses on top along with basil and minced garlic.
  4. Drizzle oil over entire pizza.
  5. Set aside and let rise for about 30 minutes. Dough should start to puff and bubble in various places.
  6. Slide the risen pizza off of the peel and onto the hot stone.
  7. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Serves: 2

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks absolutely delish!

ireminisces said...

Hmm looks tasty, im Fasting

Leah said...

Oh, yes, during Ramadan. I always find myself visiting food blogs or recipes online while I'm fasting.:) Everything looks so tempting! Although most of the time I try to keep myself busy reading, praying etc.