6.23.2011

Our June Garden


Our garden is coming along pretty well this year. We have crape myrtles blooming, the grapes are turning and we have been getting basketfuls of tomatoes (around 20 every other day).







the jalapeno is gone


This morning I happened to look out the window to our check on our garden and saw our jalapeno plant completely gone. I looked again and saw what was left of the wilted plant about 18 inches away. Now who, or what would do that!? I have never seen a whole plant completely uprooted like that and can't imagine what would do that...a squirrel?? an opposom? rat? Who knows. It doesn't bother me much though since it was a small plant and hadn't really grown much since we planted it.

Wednesday morning we finally got some rain. I really can't remember when we had last gotten rain and everything was beginning to show it. We've had water restrictions, 100 degree weather, bushes dying, trees turning yellow and bottomless gaping cracks in the ground. So we were all so thankful to wake up in the middle of the night to the sounds of thunder and pouring rain. It continued to rain on into the morning and stopped around 8:00 leaving south Texas cool and fresh. It was wonderful and reminded me of what I had been reading earlier in the week from Isaiah 35."For waters will break forth in the wilderness And streams in the Arabah. 7 The scorched land will become a pool And the thirsty ground springs of water;" The Lord has given again.

Our peppers keep coming, though not quite as many as last year.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your garden looks great. :) We're getting beans, squash, cucumbers, and a few tomatos. I envy your basketsful! :)
May the Lord bless you!

Savories of life said...

I see that my blog friend April enjoys your blog , then I will too. Infact I already ahve. Hope you will come over.

Leah said...

Thanks for stopping by:) I think I will.